KFWITM348E: TEP Java Webstart client fails to start
The Tivoli Enterprise Portal Java WebStart client fails to start. The client displays error KFWITM348E when the problem occurs.
|Subscribe to My Notifications to be notified of important product support alerts like this.
NOTE: March 21, 2014 All patches have been updated to include additional support for recent JRE updates (APAR IV52831)
Current JRE versions implement new security enforcement of runtime parameters in Java WebStart applications. Because of this, the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Java WebStart client does not start. Instead, it displays message KFWITM348E:
This problem occurs with the following JRE levels:
- IBM JRE 7.06.00.00 and above
- IBM JRE 6.15.00.00 and above
- Oracle JRE 7 update 45 and above
- Oracle JRE 6 update 65 and above
IBM Tivoli Monitoring APAR IV51394 resolves this problem. Provisional patches for the following fix packs are available for download on Fix Central:
6.3.0-TIV-ITM-FP0002-IV52831 (Supersedes 6.3.0-TIV-ITM-FP0002-IV51394 and 6.3.0-TIV-ITM-FP0002-IV50910)
There are two ways to work around the problem:
- Use the Tivoli Enterprise Portal browser client instead of the Java WebStart client.
- Remove the problem JRE and install an older one that does not have the new security enforcement mechanism.
|Created/Revised by||Date of Creation/Update||Summary of Changes|
More support for:
IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6
ITM Tivoli Enterprise Portal V6
Software version: 6.2.3, 6.3
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1654776
Modified date: 26 September 2016