Attempts to install hotfix or Fix Pack fails with "Lotus Notes/Domino or a Notes/Domino related process is still running..."
When attempting to install a hotfix or Fix Pack, the incremental installer fails with the following error:
"Lotus Notes/Domino or a Notes/Domino related process is still running. Please close it before pressing OK to continue."
Microsoft Windows only
Resolving the problem
This issue can occur if the Domino processes are still running and cannot finish properly or if User Account Control (UAC) is blocking the install.
1. Ensure that all Domino-related tasks have been stopped, via the Task Manager.
2. If Domino is running as a service, open the Services Manager system of the server, and ensure that all services are off or set to "manual", and this includes the (n)service.exe and nsd.exe.
3. If all the tasks and services are stopped at that time, In a Windows environment, try launching the hotfix/Fix Pack in "Administrator" mode (Right-click on the .exe file --> "Run as Administrator"
4. Make sure that the installation file is not set to Read-only in file properties.
5. If the previous steps have been executed and you are still unable to install the hotfix or Fix Pack, try starting the computer in safe mode. This should allow you to successfully install the hotfix or Fix Pack.
|Messaging Applications||IBM Notes||Windows|
More support for:
Software version: 8.5, 9.0
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1654640
Modified date: 23 September 2016