Attempts to manage source and class files in a <Source> and <Build> folder respectively in IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) result in all files managed in the project root folder.
A new a new IBM Rational Functional Tester project, is created.
Managing all Java and resource files in a <Source> folder is not possible.
The compiled classes are in the source folder.
The packages are stored only in the project root folder.
When a new project is created RFT will always use this setup.
Managing source files and class files in their respective folders is not supported by RFT by default.
IBM Rational Functional Tester 8.5.0
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3, Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Resolving the problem
Use the handout for copying a script from one RFT script to another in case when the RFT work folder requires a different folder structure:
- Create a new script in Folder A in Project A with an identical name to the script you wish to copy from Folder B in Project B
- Switch to the Resource perspective.
- Browse to Project A/resources/Folder A, which contains .rftdef .rftxmap and .java files for the new script.
- Delete script.rftdef, script.rftxmap, scriptHelper.java.
- Browse to Project B/resources/Folder B, which contains .rftdef .rftxmap and .java files for the script you wish to copy.
- Copy: script.rftdef, script.rftxmap, scriptHelper.java
From: Project B/resources/Folder B
To: Project A/resources/Folder A
- Edit script.rftdef, changing the Project B folder paths to the correct folder paths for Project A.
- Edit scriptHelper.java, changing the Project B folder paths to the correct folder paths for Project A.
Note: For both steps 5 & 6 there should be two changes to make.
- Switch to Functional Test perspective.
- Open the script from Project B and the script from Project A.
- Copy the contents of the script from Project B into the script from Project A.
- Update any folder paths in the script .