How to set disableDuplicateLevelCheck to true for IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes
Documentation states to set the option disableDuplicateLevelCheck to true to prevent the check for members with duplicate member keys on IBM Cognos Dynamic Cube startup.
See also: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/v10r2m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cog_rlp.10.2.1.doc%2Fc_cog_rlp_trb_cubes_dup_key_member.html
Error on startup of IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes, stating that duplicate level keys exist.
Duplicate level keys exist for different members. The check is implemented in IBM Cognos 10.2.1 and higher.
The check makes sure that all level keys are unique, to prevent possible errors in the metadata tree and calculation errors.
Resolving the problem
In case you are experiencing this error, it is recommended that a composite key is used for the level in IBM Cognos Cube Designer to make sure that each level and each member is unique.
However in case you did not experience problems in IBM Cognos 10.2, you can disable the check for duplicate member keys.
- Go to Cognos Administration > Configuration > Dispatchers and Services.
- Drill down on one of the dispatchers.
- Open the properties of the Query Service.
- In the Settings tab, go to entries 16 - 19.
- For "Additional JVM arguments for the query service (Requires QueryService restart)" add -DdisableDuplicateLevelCheck=true.
- Perform these steps for every Dispatcher running a Query Service.
- Restart the complete BI environment.