RLKS Administration Agent stopped when reporting is in progress
What steps should be taken to restore the reporting functionality if the Rational License Key Server (RLKS) Administration Agent is stopped while reporting functionality is in progress?
This issue has been fixed in Rational License Key Server Fix Pack 2 (18.104.22.168) for 8.1.4 Administration and Reporting Tool.
There are two approaches to restore reporting functionality if the RLKS Administration Agent is stopped while reporting functionality is in progress.
- Start the RLKS Administration Agent.
- On the License Server Administration page of the RLKS Administration and Reporting Tool, select the server corresponding with the agent, click the Actions button, and select Refresh Server. The status of reporting in the Reporting tab should be Not Running.
- Select the server. In the Reporting tab, select Start Reporting.
In the background, the conversion process will start, and LQE will re-register the data source. It will delete the old data and add refreshed data. This may take several hours.
- Check the status of the data source in LQE:
- Go to https://
- When the data source is refreshed, the status will read Up-to-date.
- Go to https://
- Once the data source is refreshed, start generating reports.
If approach 1 does not work, follow the steps in approach 2.
- If it is running, stop the RLKS Administration agent.
- Go to the rclagent_resources folder:
<Agent install location>\servers\rclagent\apps\rclagent_resources
- Delete all the *.ttl and *.rdf files.
- Delete the backup folder.
Note: When you have completed the above deletions, only the WEB-INF folder and resource.jsp file should be present in the rclagent_resources folder.
- Navigate to the LQE home page from your browser:
- Select the data source corresponding to the stopped agent. The data source name will have the format: <agent_host> _<agent_port>
- Under the Actions column, click on the Edit data source icon. On the next page, select Remove. LQE will begin removing previously indexed data. Depending on the amount of data previously indexed, this will take time. When the removal process is complete, LQE will provide a data source removal success message.
- Once LQE has removed all of the previously indexed data, start the RLKS Administration agent.
- On the License Server Administration page of the RLKS Administration and Reporting Tool, select the server corresponding with the agent, click the Actions button, and select Refresh Server.
- In the Reporting tab, select Start Reporting.
- Check the status of data source in LQE.
It should read: Reindexed data source <rcl_admin_host> : <rcl_admin_port> successfully.
- Start generating reports.
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
RLKS Administration and Reporting Tool
Software version: 8.1.4, 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1652553
Modified date: 2014-05-14