Installation Manager gives "The Jar file does not contain any licenses" for Infosphere Data Architect
User is using IBM Installation Manager 1.6.3 to apply license activation kit for IBM Infosphere Data Architect 9.1
Under Import Activation Kit screen, user would see this error "The Jar file does not contain any licenses" .
Unknown at this time.
Resolving the problem
Applying Infosphere Data Architect 9.1 license activation kit using IBM Installation Manager 1.6.3.
Follow these instructions to setup the repository in installation manager.
1. Start Installation Manager.
2. On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File->
Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens,
showing any available repositories, their locations, and whether they
3. On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
4. In the Add repository window, browse to the Infosphere Data Architect 9.1 license location
(Make sure you locate the extracted files and not inside the zip file location)
and locate the repository.config and selct this and click Open.
5. Click Okay to add this as repository.
6. Now Click Apply and click okay (Make sure you see the above repository checked in the repositories and other repositories unchecked).
7. Click on Manage Licenses
8. Select Infosphere Data Architect 9.1 installation from Installed packages.
9. Select radio button Import Product Activation Kit and click Next.
10. On Import Activation Kit Page, click on Search button which will pickup the IDA license from the repositories that we had setup in step 4.
11. Click Next button and follow the instructions to finish the license application.
Translate this page: