User is able to input data (in data entry) even though company/period is locked
Customer has configured the system (via Maintain -> Period Locking) so that both the company and period are locked.
However, when a user clicks "Company -> Data Entry - Reported Values", they are still able to make changes. How is this possible?
Users are able to input/change date inside locked periods.
There are several possible causes for similar symptoms.
- TIP: For more examples, see separate IBM Technote #1385501.
This Technote relates to the scenario where the cause is that the customer has ticked the box '" Unlock all periods".
- When this is selected, all periods, submissions and companies are opened.
- The checkbox overrules any settings in the Maintain/Period Locking/Change-Period Locking by company.
See also the User Guide under “Lock Periods”.
Resolving the problem
Untick the box "Unlock all periods".
1. Click "Maintain - Period locking - Change multi period locking"
2. Untick the box "Unlock all periods".
More support for:
Software version: 8.5.1, 10.1, 10.1.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1652394
Modified date: 2015-02-06