Why is your JDBC database driver not available for selection in IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT) of IBM Rational Test Workbench (RTW)?
- You wish to access a third-party database as part of your testing.
- You have added the JDBC database driver to the Library Manager configuration.
- You are unable to select the driver when configuring the connection.
The Database object in Architecture School Physical View is pre-configured with a set of common database types such as IBM DB2 and Oracle.
If you are adding a new database type that is not in this set, you will not find it in the Driver drop-down.
Consider the following steps:
- Add your driver files to the Library Manager Database (JDBC) configuration.
- Select the check box to enable the driver and click OK to save.
- Re-start RIT and go to the Physical View of Architecture School.
- Create a new Database connection.
- Type (or paste) the driver value into the Driver box.
Note: Do not use the drop-down.
- Verify your settings by using the Test Connection button.
- Save the Database connection and use it in your project.