The IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java - Health Center is a free low-overhead diagnostic tool for monitoring an application running on an IBM Java Virtual Machine. Version 2.2 offers several new features.
Health Center enables you to assess the current status of a running Java application. Health Center's continuous monitoring provides information to identify and help resolve problems with your application:
- Identify if native or heap memory is leaking
- Discover which methods are taking most time to run
- Pin down I/O bottlenecks
- Visualize and tune garbage collection
- View any lock contentions
- Analyze unusual WebSphere® Real Time events
- Monitor application thread activity
New features in 2.2 include
- CPU view showing application and system use
- Thread stacks
- Full Java API to embed Health Center in your application and code against the data it provides
- Enhanced to show thread creation stacks
You can now embed Health Center in your own pure Java based applications, and write code to use the data and analysis that it provides. For example, you can use the Health Center API to write your own deadlock detection monitoring tool.
See Health Center on developerWorks for more information.
|Application Servers||Runtimes for Java Technology||Debugging Tools|