Rational License Key Server (RLKS) overwrites the log files during restart. If the log file gets overwritten after the IBM RLKS Administration Agent (RLKSAgent) is started, the reports generated by RLKS Administration and Reporting Tool (RLKSAdmin) will not be correct.
The incorrect reports are generated by RLKS Administration and Reporting Tool (RLKSAdmin).
The log file is overwritten when RLKS starts.
Resolving the problem
The log file should be appended and not overwritten when RLKS starts. To achieve this, follow the below steps.
Clean up the existing data from Agent. (Windows/Unix)
1. Remove reporting from the RLKSAdmin
a. Select the server from RLKSAdmin Servers tab.
b. From the Reporting tab, click on the Actions button.
c. Click on Remove Reporting and then Clean agent report data.
2. Stop the RLKSAgent: run stopRCLAgent.sh or stopRCLAgent.bat from the RLKSAdminAgent installation location.
3. Delete all .ttl and .rdf files (*.ttl, *.rdf) from RLKSAdminAgent_Installation_location/servers/rclagent/apps/rclagent_resources/
4. Delete all .ser files (*.ser) from RLKSAdminAgent_Installation_location/servers/rclagent/apps/rclagent_resources/backup/
5. Restart the RLKSAgent: run startRCLAgent.sh or startRCLAgent.bat from the RLKSAdminAgent installation location.
6. Start reporting from RLKSAdmin.
Configure RLKS to append the log file on restart.
- For RLKS 8.1.3 and above:
Change the entry LICENSE_LOG in RLKS_Install_Location /config/initialise.properties to append (+) to the log file location.
- For RLKS 8.1.2:
Open RLKS_Install_Location/config/start_lmgrd_on_this_host script.
2. Edit the LICENSE_LOG entry to append the log file:
Example : set LICENSE_LOG to
MV_LOG="/bin/mv $LICENSE_LOG $LICENSE_LOG.prior"
b. Search for the following lines,
$LICENSE_EXE -c $LICENSE_PATH > $LICENSE_LOG 2>&1 &
and change them to
$LICENSE_EXE -c $LICENSE_PATH >> $LICENSE_LOG 2>&1 &
3. Start RLKS: Run server_start_stop.sh start from the RLKS_Install_Location/config folder.
2. Create an options file (an empty text file and save it as ibmratl.opt, or use an existing) in the folder that contains the license file ( RLKS_Install_Location/common/).
3. Add the following line in the options file.
(expand the RLKS_Install_Location to the absolute path of the Installation Location.)
4. Save the file.
5. Start RLKS Service.