Customer has recently installed the Statistics 21 or 22 software on Mac OS X.
The software has been used normally, but for what ever reason, the program has possible crashed or closed improperly by using Force Quit several times.
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM90266
This Technote applies with any Mac OS X compatible with Statistics 21 or 22.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 21 release is supported on Apple Macintosh 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 22 release is supported on Apple Macintosh 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) with Intel processor.
Note: For Windows computers see
Diagnosing the problem
Statistics takes an abnormally longer time to start and close than when the software was initially intalled. Another symptom may be very slow response and performance with using the software.
Resolving the problem
Please do the following on your Mac to dramatically reduce the launching and closing of the Statistics software.
(1) Restart your Mac.
(2) Open 'Finder'.
(3) Select the 'Home' (house) icon (folder) in the left-hand pane.
(4) Select the 'Go' menu at top of screen.
(5) Press the 'Option' key. The list of menu options will now include 'Library'.
(6) Select the 'Library' menu option.
(7) Open the 'Preferences' folder.
(8) Rename the com.ibm.spss.plist object to old_com.ibm.spss.plist
(9) Launch Statistics
(10) Work with the program a bit.
(11) Close the software (It should be quicker, do not force quit)
(12) Re-launch Statistics
(13) Work with the program a bit.
(14) Close the software (do not force quit)
(15) Launch the software
NOTE: When you launch Statistics for the first time, it will take a little longer than subsequent launches, until you reboot your computer again. This is related to Java initialization routines.