Installing Rational Asset Analyzer Plug-in on Rational Developer for z/OS results in error CRIMA1071E
Attempts to install IBM Rational Asset Analyzer (RAA) Plug-in (RAAi) for IBM Rational Developer for System z (RDz) results in the error CRIMA1071E.
You may receive a message similar to the following when installing RAAi in a RDz V9.0 environment:
IBM Rational® Asset Analyzer Plug-in for IBM Rational Developer for System z® 22.214.171.124 cannot be installed into any package group.
CRIMA1071E: The installation package 'IBM Rational® Asset Analyzer Plug-in for IBM Rational Developer for System z®' requires components supplied by other packages.
The required components might be supplied by the following installation packages:
Package: Rational® Developer for System z 7.6
The RAAi installation program does not yet support RDz 9.0.
Resolving the problem
Install RAAi 6.1 into RDz 9.0 by manually copying the plug-in jar files to the Eclipse dropins folder.
Follow the steps below to install RAAi:
- Find the jar files by opening the RAAiInstallRepository.zip file and looking in the plugins folder for these two files:
- Find the dropins subdirectory.
- Right click on the properties to find the shortcut used to start RDz.
- Look at the Target property to see where eclipse.exe resides
For example: C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP
- Create a dropins subdirectory if one does not exist.
- Copy the two jar files above to the dropins subdirectory.
- Restart RDz (Run as administrator)
- Verify you have an Asset Analyzer entry in the left pane after RDz restarts by clicking on Window > Preferences from the menu.
If you later wish to delete this copy of RAAi 6.1, simply remove the two plug-in jar files that you previously copied into the dropins subdirectory.
|Software Development||Rational Asset Analyzer for System z|