This document applies only to the following language version(s):
What are the possible exit codes returned by DSCC.EXE ?
exit code 1
- invalid command line argument
- invalid argument combination (cannot use /af option with any of /d, /h, /u, or /p options)
- error retrieving credentials from authentication file
- authentication file contains invalid details
- password was specified without username
- no jobs specified
- invalid job type specified
- other initialization error
exit code 2
- Error report cannot be saved to specified location
exit code 3
- Job does not exist
- Object is in use and will not be compiled. Or contains no design info to compile
- job is read only
- Object has been released and cannot be compiled
exits code 0
- command executed normally - some compilations may still have failed if /rcf not specified
- Only compiling uncompiled Jobs, this job will not be compiled. *
exit code -1
- /rcf option specified and one or more jobs failed to compile.
* changed by APAR JR47259 - previously exit code 3 returned when using option /ouc (Only Compile Uncompiled Objects) and a previously compiled job is skipped.