Attempts to search using IBM Rational Asset Analyzer (RAA) plug-in (RAAi) for Rational Developer for System z (RDz) results in error popup indicating a 500 Internal Server Error, and an Exception on SQL, with SQLCODE=-551, SQLSTATE=42501.
If you perform a wildcard search using the RAAi plug-in to RDz, you may receive a 500 Internal Server Error message, indicating a SQLCODE=-551.
If you perform a similar search using the RAA Web Browser graphical user interface (GUI), the search returns the expected results with no error.
If the RAA server is installed using a hostname of localhost instead of an IP address or unique hostname, URL information returned to the RAAi machine is incorrect since it specifies localhost and the RAAi machine is unable to correctly connect to the RAA server.
Resolving the problem
The RAA server settings should be reconfigured to use a host name or IP address.
The host name must be one that the client RAAi system can resolve.
Note: The client RAAi machine should be able to ping the RAA server's host name or IP address and have it resolved correctly.
To change the host name in the appropriate places on the RAA server:
- Edit <RAA Installation Directory>\config\Common.cfg and change all occurrences of localhost to the correct server host name or IP address value.
- Repeat step 1 above for <RAA Installation Directory>\scan\DmhScan.cfg.
- Restart RAA (stop and restart the WebSphere Application Server (WAS) instance where the RAA server applications are deployed).
- Using the RAA Web browser GUI, go to the Details page for each Site to update the hostname or IP address for any site whose Scanner daemon URL needs to be updated.
- Click Explore > Sites
- Click on Site name link on left
- Choose Update site details from the Actions pull-down in the upper right and update the hostname or IP address.