Importing ReqIF Package into Rational DOORS does not maintain the original OLE/text alignment
Attempts to import a ReqIF package into IBM Rational DOORS results in lost OLE / text alignment
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new module with one object.
- Insert an OLE Object into the Object Text attribute.
- Insert text left and right from the OLE image, within the same line.
- Insert text in new lines above and below and indent it to the right.
- Export and import the module using ReqIF into a different DOORS project.
Line 1: < space > < Text above >
Line 2: < Text left > < OLE > < Text right >
Line 3: < space > < Text below >
A line break is inserted before the image and the indentations are missing.
Line 1: < Text above >
Line 2: < Text left >
Line 3: < OLE > < Text right >
Line 4: < Text below >
This issue was identified as a product defect and logged under APAR PM97004.
Resolving the problem
WORKAROUND: There is no workaround available currently for this defect when using ReqIF alternatively you can use RIF version 1.2 when exporting data from DOORS where the OLE / text alignment is maintained when importing the data back.