IBM Content Analytics with Enterprise Search's crawling binary contents of private Connections Content Management files stored in FileNet P8.
How can I use IBM Content Analytics with Enterprise Search to crawl binary contents of private Connections Content Management (CCM) files stored in FileNet P8?
You have to set the right permissions for the P8 objects so the crawler can access the documents. Follow the instructions below:
Modify the P8 RootFolder object to add the ICA crawler account to have access to all the Connections Communities documents.
1) Please log on to ACCE, select the respective Object Store and then under the Browse folder please choose the Root Folder.
2) Scroll horizontally and access the Security tab. Then under the "Users and Groups" section click on Add
3) Search for the ICA crawler user account and move it into the "Selected Users and Groups" list
4) Under the "Permissions" setting choose the following :
- Permission type = Allow
- Apply to = This object and all children
- Permission group = View Content
Next, check the following boxes :
[x] View all properties
[x] Read Permissions
Important : As soon as you check the boxes above the Permissions group
drop down will change to "Custom". Do not set it back to "View
5) Save the permissions
Check security on the community documents. They should all have an Inherited Access Control List entry for the ICA crawler user.