Rational DOORS help home page is not updated after you install help locally from a version 188.8.131.52 archive file
When you install help on a local computer from the Rational DOORS version 184.108.40.206 archive file (DoorsDWA_SDF220.127.116.11_updateSite.zip) using the Local Help Updater, the help home page is not updated. New English and globalized home pages are included in the archive .jar files, but the previous 9.5.1 version is displayed in the help window.
The Local Help Updater does not overwrite expanded directories and files in the installation directory.
This issue was identified as a product defect and logged internally as defect 6297.
Rational DOORS 18.104.22.168 client and server
Diagnosing the problem
To reproduce this problem, disable remote help access and install local help from a new internal site in the Local Help Updater, based on the help archive content for 22.214.171.124:
- Install the Rational DOORS 126.96.36.199 client and database server on an individual team member's work station or an internal server on your intranet.
- Download the help archive file DoorsDWA_SDF188.8.131.52_updateSite.zip from the IBM download site:
- Open the Rational DOORS client and click Help > Contents and Index.
- In the help window, click Help > Preferences > Help > Content.
- To turn off remote help, select the Rational DOORS content link to http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/doorshlp/v9r5 and click Disable and OK.
- In the help window, click Help > Local Help Updater.
- At the Available Content Filters menu, select Internal Sites.
- Click the green plus icon in the toolbar to add an internal site.
- In the Add Internal Site window, select Site Type: Local. Browse to and select the compressed archive (zip) file that you downloaded in step 2.
Note: Unlike previous versions of the Local Help Updater, you do not need to expand the compressed file or point to a site.xml file.
- Add a name for the site in the Name field and click OK.
- In the Local Help Updater, install help content from the new internal site.
Result: When you reopen the help window, the all new 184.108.40.206 help content loads into the local help.
Problem: The previous help home page for 9.5.1 is displayed.
Resolving the problem
The only differences in the current and previous home page are the following:
- The version number is now 220.127.116.11.
- The 18.104.22.168 home page has links to the following training videos:
To view the 22.214.171.124 home page, see the Rational DOORS information center.