Cannot select a requirement when linking to Rational DOORS module from Rational Rhapsody
When an OSLC integration is configured between IBM Rational DOORS and IBM Rational Rhapsody, you cannot select a remote Rational DOORS module when you attempt to create a link from Rational Rhapsody.
When attempting to create a link to a remote requirement, the Select Requirement window is empty.
This issue was identified as a product defect and logged internally as defect 6182.
This problem was tested in the following environment:
Server operating system: Windows 2008 64 bit
Client operating system: Windows 7 64 bit
Application server: IBM WebSphere Application Server with Oracle database
Rational DOORS client version: 22.214.171.124
Rational DOORS Server version: 126.96.36.199
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager version 4.0.4
Rational Rhapsody version 8.0.4
Diagnosing the problem
To reproduce the problem:
- In Design Manager create a Rational Rhapsody sample project and set it to Actively Managed with Design Manager.
- Create a Uses Requirements association to Rational DOORS modules in Design Manager project. Save the project area.
- Start the Rational DOORS client. Open the Remote Services window from the File > OSLC menu.
- Create a new collaboration link of type Satisfied by/refined by/traced by to the new Design Manager project.
- Start the Rational Rhapsody desktop client and open a model.
- Log in to Design Manager and Rational DOORS when prompted.
- From a package in the browser, select Link to Remote Requirement from the context menu.
- Set the link type to satisfies/trace/refines and select the project as the Rational DOORS module.
- Select Type as Select requirement collection from system requirement and click the Browse button.
You should be able to select the requirement collection.
A blank window is displayed
Resolving the problem
To avoid this problem, select the Rational DOORS ERS service when you create the initial association to the Design Manager project.