Must Gather for IBM SPSS Statistics
What files or information can be gathered for submission to IBM SPSS Technical Support when facing a problem with IBM SPSS Statistics?
Resolving the problem
Please provide as much of the following information as possible when opening the new PMR to IBM SPSS Technical Support
Required Environment Details:
• Operating system and bitness levels running IBM SPSS Statistics client (Example: Windows 7 64-bit or Macintosh OS X 10.9.2)
• Operating system and bitness levels running IBM SPSS Statistics Server if installed (Example: Windows 2008 R2 64-bit)
• Operating system and bitness levels running Sentinel RMS License Manager if concurrent installation (Example: Windows 2008 R2 64-bit)
• Exact version of IBM SPSS Statistics (Example: 188.8.131.52. To locate this information, launch IBM SPSS Statistics and in the data editor, click Help->About)
• Exact version of Sentinel RMS License Manager if concurrent installation, (Example: 8.5.0.0021.)
• Authorization code used for installation. If you do not have one or need one created, please contact SPSS Client Care.
• IBM SPSS Statistics 21 for Windows and higher ships with a Diagnostic utility called SPSS_Statistics_Diagnostics.exe. It is located in the Utility folder in the SPSS Statistics installation directory. (Example C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Statistics\22\Utility). Run this file to install the Diagnostic Utility and collect the resulting file SPSS_Diagnostics.zip file.
NOTE: this diagnostic utility is only for IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows.
Detailed Problem Description:
• Is your issue related to an authorized installation of Statistics or concurrent installation?
• What is the exact problem you are experiencing, include as much detail as possible. Include sample files as needed along with your own analysis of the problem.
• Are you receiving an error? If so, list the exact text of the error message and when you receive it.
|• Has it worked before? When? What has changed?
• Does the problem occur for all users? If not, what might be different between the users? Does it occur for the same user on a different PC?
• Is there a replication scenario? Please list detailed replication steps
• Can the issue be reproduced using one of our sample files?
Link to Supported Version Information:
Link to Support Knowledge Base:
Link to Documentation
1506855, 1606447, 1477472, 1489714
Translate this page: