The Cognos Business Intelligence Extension for Memory Analyzer lets you take a content oriented system dump analysis approach and focus on system content rather than software source code and data structures.
The Cognos Business Intelligence Extension for Memory Analyzer provides a set of queries designed to help you analyze the following issues in the Cognos Business Intelligence Platform.
- Application server memory usage planning and rationalization
- System stability issues such as slow performance, performance degradation and hangs
- Resource utilization sampling, system tuning and optimization
- Configuration validation and adjustment
- Non reproducible exceptions
- System crashes
- General Cognos BI platform system health check
With the queries you can use a content oriented troubleshooting approach which focuses on the operational view to reveal the following types of information.
- System topology, including what services are available on which server instances in a distributed environment
- System settings, including system configuration, system parameters and advanced settings
- Client requests consisting of user actions. For example, an HTTP request, a JMX request, a SOAP request, etc.
- Various elapsed times of a process. For example, the start of a request or intermediate elapsed times during a request process life cycle.
- User activities such as who a user is, from what browser with what IP address, elapsed time, and what a request is doing, etc.
- Key connection and queue size information in between components
- Utility tools to search and display well known objects such as a request and its elapsed time
IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java
Install IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1
IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1 Tools
Announcing IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Team Server
IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Tools
|Application Servers||Runtimes for Java Technology||Debugging Tools|
|Business Analytics||Cognos Business Intelligence|