Depending on how WebSphere Commerce Search is configured, the site may be vulnerable to a denial of service attack.
Resolving the problem
CVE ID: CVE-2013-2992
DESCRIPTION: WebSphere Commerce Search is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. Depending on how search term associations are configured, a remote attacker could use a specially-crafted query that could impact site availability. The vulnerability requires a moderate level of complexity to exploit. This vulnerability does not apply if WebSphere Commerce is integrated with a third party search engine.
CVSS Base Score: 4.3
CVSS Temporal Score: See http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/84018 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:N/A:P)
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 6 and Feature Pack 5
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 4 if Interim Fix JR42578 is also installed
Vendor Fix(es): Open a Problem Management Record (PMR) with IBM WebSphere Commerce Support to request the following Interim Fix(es) and include your WebSphere Commerce version including Feature Pack level:
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 6: Request Interim Fixes JR47420 and JR47425.
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 5 and Fix Pack 6: Request Interim Fixes JR47273 and JR47295. Development environments also require JR47313.
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 5 and Fix Pack 7: Request Interim Fixes JR47273 and JR48214. Development environments also require JR47313.
- WebSphere Commerce v7.0 Feature Pack 4 if Interim Fix JR42578 is also installed: Request Interim Fix JR46013.
Workaround(s): Remove any configured search term associations
Mitigation(s): None known.
- Complete CVSS Guide
- On-line Calculator V2
- X-Force Vulnerability Database - Details for 84018
CHANGE HISTORY: N/A
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Flash.
Note: According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
|Commerce||WebSphere Commerce Professional Edition||Security||AIX, i5/OS, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows||7.0||Professional Edition|
|Commerce||WebSphere Commerce - Express||Security||i5/OS, IBM i, Linux, Windows||7.0||Express|