Attempts to add an iteration group in cross project plan results in "TypeError: _14.getItemType is not a function" error with IBM Rational Team Concert.
In the web UI, the following error is seen:
TypeError: _14.getItemType is not a function
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM95941
Diagnosing the problem
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a cross-project plan
- Configure the display of the plan view to "Display > Tree > Contributes To > Tracks"
- Create a task
- Click on the 'Actions' drop down icon in front of the task. Select Add Link > Track
- Select to track a work item from another CCM repository
- Save change to the plan
- Edit the plan view. Add 'Group' > 'Iteration'. Confirm the error occur.
Expected Result: Adding the Iteration group configuration should not result in error and it should be handled. The plan configurations can be saved even after the error and reloading the plan does not throw any error. The error when modifying the plan configuration gives the perception that there is something wrong.
Actual Result: Updating the plan configuration should not throw any error
Resolving the problem
This defect is being tracked in jazz.net Defect work item 278004, and is tentatively planned to be fixed in the 4.0.5 release.
The Jazz based products have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.