JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is a screen reader program that works on Microsoft Windows. The user might face issues when using the JAWS program to read the Swing-based user interface of IBM® Rational® Functional Tester.
Resolving the problem
If JAWS is unable to read the Swing US of Rational Functional Tester, use the following the steps:
1. Install Oracle Java 7 update 7 or later.
2. Install the appropriate variant of JAWS 13.
3. Open the accessibility.properties file in the Rational Functional Tester installation location: <RationalFunctionalTesterInstallLocation>/jdk/jre/lib
4. Uncomment the following two lines:
5. Comment out the following line and save the file:
6. Restart JAWS and Rational Functional Tester.
The Swing UI should now be readable.