JAWS is unable to read Swing-based UI of Rational Functional Tester
Attempts to read the Swing-based user interface of IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) using the JAWS (Job Access With Speech) program results in a failure.
This issue has been identified as a product defect and logged under 18386.
JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is a screen reader program that works on Microsoft Windows.
Resolving the problem
If JAWS is unable to read the Swing US of Rational Functional Tester, use the following the steps:
- Install Oracle Java 7 update 7 or later
- Install the appropriate variant of JAWS 13
- Open the accessibility.properties file in the Rational Functional Tester installation location:
- Uncomment the following two lines:
- Comment out the following line and save the file:
- Restart JAWS and Rational Functional Tester.
The Swing UI should now be readable.