You may find that you experience an error referencing Adobe® Acrobat® or Reader® software when attempting to open a report in SiteProtector
The following error will be displayed when the report fails to open:
There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (1014:1014)
This is not a defect in SiteProtector. The issue is caused by the settings in Acrobat/Reader.
Resolving the problem
- Open the Acrobat Reader program.
- Click Edit > Preferences.
- Select Internet under Categories in the left pane.
- Unselect the 3 following checkboxes in the Web Browser Options section of the right pane. For Acrobat Reader XI, Web Browser Options was renamed to Internet.
- Display in Read Mode by default
- Allow fast web view
- Allow speculative downloading in the background
- Click OK to save.
- Restart the SiteProtector Console.
If the above information does not resolve your issue, contact IBM Security Systems Customer Support.