Security Bulletin: Information regarding security vulnerability in IBM SDK for Java, which shipped with IBM WebSphere Application Server and is addressed by Oracle CPU June 2013
Multiple security vulnerabilities exist in the IBM SDK for Java that is shipped with IBM WebSphere Application Server and is included in the referenced products.
This Security Bulletin addresses the security vulnerabilities that have shipped with the IBM SDK for Java™ and are part of the Oracle April 2013 critical patch updates (CPU) and other security updates from Oracle. For details on these updates, refer to the Reference section of this bulletin or refer to the Problem Summary of the Interim Fixes.
IBM WebSphere Process Server is shipped with a version of IBM WebSphere Application Server, which, in turn, is shipped with an IBM SDK for Java that is based on the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK). Oracle has released June 2013 critical patch updates (CPU), which contain security vulnerability fixes and the IBM SDK for Java has been updated to incorporate those updates.
The Oracle June 2013 CPU, among other things, refers to the following vulnerability, which has been reported previously:
CVE 2013-1571: HTML documentation generated by the Javadoc tool contains a security vulnerability. Refer to the Security Bulletin: WebSphere Dynamic Process Edition Java API Documentation Frame Injection Vulnerability (CVE-2013-1571) document for more information.
AFFECTED PRODUCTS AND VERSIONS:
- IBM WebSphere Process Server Versions 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1.0, 6.1.2, 6.2.x, 7.0.x
- IBM WebSphere Process Server for z/OS Versions 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1.0, 6.1.2, 6.2.x, 7.0.x
- IBM WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition Versions 6.2.x, 7.0.x
- IBM WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition for Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z Versions 6.2.0, 7.0.0
- IBM WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for x86 (32-bit) Version 7.0.0
- IBM WebSphere Process Server V7.0 Feature Pack 1
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard V7.5.x, 8.0.x, 8.5.x
- IBM Business Process Manager Express V7.5.x, 8.0.x, 8.5.x
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5.x, 8.0.x, 8.5.x
Install WebSphere Application Server interim fixes as appropriate for your current WebSphere Application Server version as described in the Security Bulletin: IBM WebSphere Process Server Java API Documentation Frame Injection Vulnerability (CVE-2013-1571) document.
- Complete CVSS v2 Guide
- On-line Calculator V2
- IBM Security Alerts - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/alerts
- Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory - June 2013 - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/javacpujun2013-1899847.html
- CVE-2013-1571 - http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2013-1571
- X-Force Vulnerability Database - http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/84715
IBM Secure Engineering Web Portal
IBM Product Security Incident Response Blog
2013-08-15 Original Copy Published
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Flash.
Note: According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition||General||AIX, Linux, Linux on System z||7.0, 6.2|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition for Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for System z||Not Applicable||Platform Independent||Version Independent|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server Hypervisor Edition for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for x86 (32-bit)||Security||Linux||7.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server V7.0 and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0 Feature Pack||Security||Platform Independent||Version Independent|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Advanced||Security||AIX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||8.5, 8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Standard||Security||AIX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows||8.5, 8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Express||Security||Linux, Linux zSeries, Windows||8.5, 8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Software version: 6.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 6.1.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 6.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 7.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1647015
Modified date: 15 August 2013