Wrong Service Name "IBM Cognos:19300"
When trying to run external Scripts such as the cx_restore there is an error message "Service [IBM Cognos Express] is not installed".
Error Message: Service [IBM Cognos Express] is not installed
The Service was renamed from "IBM Cognos Express" to "IBM Cognos:19300".
This Issue will happen when the Start, Stop or Restart Button in Cognos Configuration will be used. This is not supported on IBM Cognos Express.
Windows Server 2008 R2 - 64 bit
Diagnosing the problem
Check the Service Name in Windows.
Resolving the problem
- Stop the Service "IBM Cognos:19300"
- Open a Dos Box using right click and Run as Administrator
- navigate to <cognos_express>\bin64 (cd "c:\Program Files x86\IBM\Cognos Express\bin64")
- Type in the following command: cogconfig.bat -csn "IBM Cognos
- Press the Start Button to register the new Service
- Press the Stop Button and close Cognos Configuration
- Delete the wrong Service with the command: sc delete "IBM Cognos:19300"
- Reboot the Server
More support for:
Install and Config
Software version: 10.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1645863
Modified date: 02 August 2013
Translate this page: