Must exclude protection interface IP address from proxy configuration for IBM Security Network Protection appliances placed between users and proxy servers
If you use a web proxy server on your network and install an IBM Security Network Protection appliance between the proxy server and user workstations, users must configure their web browsers to exclude the IP address of the appliance protection interface from the proxy settings.
If users do not exclude this IP address, the browser is not redirected to the requested website. Instead the browser displays an error page.
Resolving the problem
Users must add the IP address of the appliance's protection interface to the exceptions list in their browser's proxy settings.
1. Click Tools>Options, and then click Advanced.
2. Select the Network tab, and then click Settings.
3. Type the protection interface IP address in the No Proxy for box.
4. Click OK.
In Internet Explorer:
1. Click the Tools icon, and then click Internet options.
2. Select the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Type the protection interface IP address in the Exceptions box.
5. Click OK.
In Google Chrome:
1. Click the Tools icon, and then click Settings.
2. Click Show Advanced Settings, and then click Change proxy settings in the Network section.
3. Select the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
4. Click Advanced.
5. Type the protection interface IP address in the Exceptions box.
6. Click OK.
More support for:
IBM Security Network Protection
Software version: 5.0, 5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.2, 22.214.171.124, 5.2.0
Operating system(s): Firmware
Reference #: 1645456
Modified date: 30 July 2014