Exporting a list of all enabled signatures in Security Events policy
How can you create a list of all the signatures that are enabled in the Security Events policy?
To create a list of all the enabled signatures in the Security Events policy, go through the information below:
- Open the desired Security Events policy from the Policy view.
- Once loaded, click the Group By button in the upper right toolbar (the folder with a blue plus icon).
- Use the Add/Remove buttons so that the columns are grouped as follows: Protection Domain -> Enabled.
Note: This sorts the Security Events into two columns: Enabled:True and Enabled: False.
- Click the Enabled:True group and click the Copy button in the toolbar or through Edit -> Copy.
- Paste the copied text into a text editor and save the file in xml format (be sure that the extension is .xml).
- Open the xml document into Microsoft Excel and choose to open As an XML table if prompted.
Note: This may or may not work in other spreadsheet applications. For example, OpenOffice's Calc application does not format the checkName column as well as Excel does. It would take extra steps (beyond the scope of the article) to pull the information out of Calc. For this reason, Excel is recommended.
- The list of signatures that are enabled in the Security Events policy is displayed in the checkName column. If you want, you can order them alphabetically by right-clicking an item within the checkName column and selecting Sort -> Sort A to Z.
Translate this page: