When a System Administrator tries to import or export a deployment, the task stays stuck at Pending
Diagnosing the problem
1. Make sure the user starting the Cognos services has permissions to the deployment, data, logs and temp directory.
2. Double check in Cognos Configuration if the default directories are being used or network shares / another location is being used for the Deployment / logs / data / temp directory. In this case, Cognos Service user didn't have permissions to the network share on which the deployment & data directories were being hosted.
3. In Cognos Configuration on the Content Manager, make sure the Job, Monitor, Event Management, Batch Report Service & Content Manager services are enabled. In this case, they were set to False.
4. Renew the credentials of the System Admin who is logged in into Cognos. Go to My Preferences > Personal tab > Click on the link for either "First you must create the credentials" or "Renew the credentials".
5. Ensure that the Monitor service is installed with the Content Store.