Mail preferences window for affected users is not displaying correctly.
Users are unable to change their mail Preferences and email signatures.
The top 3 tabs are missing (Mail, Calendar & To Do, Access & Delegation) and only the options for the Calendar & To Do tab are displayed.
Rich text signature grows larger than 32K and get truncated.
Diagnosing the problem
Re-installation of Notes client has not fixed this issue.
Same issue is experienced when opening their mail databases from the
server using Domino Administrator.
Resolving the problem
This issue was reported to Quality Engineering as SPR # GRCE8JWMVR & is scheduled to be fixed in Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 5 & 9.0.1.
Refer to the Upgrade Central site for details on upgrading Notes/Domino.
Please contact IBM Technical Support to request hotfix for this issue.
As workaround, user may remove the corrupted rich text signature from calendar profile by following steps below.
Removing Signature_Rich item in calendar profile document will make UI displayed as expected.
1. Open your mail file.
2. Click "New memo"
3. From the Create menu, choose Hotspot -> Button.
4. In the Label box, enter "Clear Rich Text Signature".
5. Click X to close the dialog box.
6. Set it to Run > Client. Select "LotusScript" instead of "Formula".
7. Paste the code below into the code window.
Sub Click(Source As Button)
Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim db As notesDatabase
Dim Sigitem As NotesItem
Set Sigitem = profile.GetFirstItem("Signature_Rich")
If Not Sigitem Is Nothing Then profile.RemoveItem("Signature_Rich")
Call profile.ComputeWithForm(True, False)
Call profile.Save(True, False)
Messagebox （"Rich Text Signature cleared!",0+64 , " Email Signature"）
8. Send this email to the user having the problem, instructing the user to click the button, so the Calendar profile will be deleted.
9. Have the user close out of the mail file database, and then reopen it.
10. Afterwards, this user will need to enable his/her calendar profile again.
The user will need to reset signature and attach signature to all outgoing mail, etc.