Entries file is empty
An svn entries file (either for the policy or the etc directory or both) is empty. As a result, important files cannot be checked out and edited in Impact.
Errors such as:
svn: Can't read file '/opt/netcool/impact/policy/.svn/entries': End of file found
Important files cannot be edited in the GUI. If it's the entries file under $IMPACT_HOME/policy then policies will be effected. If it's the entries file under $IMPACT_HOME/etc then it will be datasources, datatypes and services among other items.
Diagnosing the problem
Navigate to $IMPACT_HOME/policy/.svn or $IMPACT_HOME/etc/.svn and check the entries file.
Resolving the problem
The regular steps for rebuilding the SVN (see linked URL) rely on the entries files being in a good state and will not work in the case that an entries file is empty or completely corrupted. Instead, these steps should be followed:
- Stop eWAS.
- Ensure that NCHOME is set to the root of your Impact installation
- Back up and manually remove the policy/.svn and etc/.svn directories and the NCHOME/platform/<arch>/svn/repository directory.
- Recreate the svn repository:
- $NCHOME/platform/<arch>/svn/bin/svnadmin create $NCHOME/platform/<arch>/svn/repository
- Start SVN:
- cd $NCHOME/impact/install
- ./nci_startsvn $NCHOME/platform/<arch>/svn/bin $NCHOME/platform/<arch>/svn/repository
- Check the entries files under etc and policy to make sure they are populated.
- If all looks good, restart eWAS, login as your admin user and check that you can work with your various files.