What steps need to be performed for the password to be automatically generated for the Tivoli Data Protection for SAP® (Oracle)?
Using Passwordacess=generate provides the advantage of automatic password handling. This allows the Tivoli Storage Manager API Client to automatically create a new password when the password expiration policy on the Tivoli Storage Manager server is reached.
Follow the steps given below to set automatic password.
- Remove the options "PASSWORDREQUIRED" and "ADSMNODE" from initSID.utl or comment them with sign "#" (if they exist).
- Add the following options to the dsm.sys file that is used by the Tivoli Storage Manager API (default location is /.../tvioli/tsm/client/api/bin or bin64):
- Nodename XXXX (where XXXX is the nodename that is registered for this SAP backup)
- passwordaccess generate
- passworddir /ORACLE_HOME/dir
- (Replace /ORACLE_HOME/dir with a directory that has write permissions for the orasid user)
- As the orasid user, run the following command to initially set the password:
- backint -p initSID.utl -f password
This will store the password in encrypted format within the TSM.PWD file.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.