Setting automatic password on Data Protection SAP® Oracle
What steps need to be performed for the password to be automatically generated for the Tivoli Data Protection for SAP® (Oracle)?
Using Passwordacess=generate provides the advantage of automatic password handling. This allows the Tivoli Storage Manager API Client to automatically create a new password when the password expiration policy on the Tivoli Storage Manager server is reached.
Follow the steps given below to set automatic password.
- Remove the options "PASSWORDREQUIRED" and "ADSMNODE" from initSID.utl or comment them with sign "#" (if they exist).
- Add the following options to the dsm.sys file that is used by the Tivoli Storage Manager API (default location is /.../tvioli/tsm/client/api/bin or bin64):
- Nodename XXXX (where XXXX is the nodename that is registered for this SAP backup)
- passwordaccess generate
- passworddir /ORACLE_HOME/dir
- (Replace /ORACLE_HOME/dir with a directory that has write permissions for the orasid user)
- As the orasid user, run the following command to initially set the password:
- backint -p initSID.utl -f password
This will store the password in encrypted format within the TSM.PWD file.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning
Data Protection for mySAP.com for Oracle
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1643969
Modified date: 29 June 2015
Translate this page: