Attempts to generate reports from IBM Rational Focal Point (RFP) using IBM Rational Publishing Engine results (RPE) in "data attribute not found” in the output generated.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an attribute of type date.
- Leave the value of the attribute as blank for some elements
- Run a Rational Reporting for Document Generation (RRDG) /RPE document generation to report on this attributes
Result: Open the output document which will display " <data attribute not fond>” against date attributes whose value is blank.
Prior to version 1.2, RPE did not check attribute multiplicity in the Data Source schemas.
Note: This feature was implemented as a result of an RFE (Request for Enhancement) and added to RPE version 1.2.
Resolving the problem
- Use Rational Publishing Engine version 1.2 or later to generate a report from Rational Focal Point 6.5.x.x or earlier.
- Upgrade to Rational Focal Point version 6.6 or later and run a Rational Reporting for Document Generation (RRDG) report which uses version 1.2 in RFP to generate reports.
|Software Development||Rational Focal Point||Integrations: IBM||Linux, Solaris, Windows||220.127.116.11, 6.5.1, 18.104.22.168, 6.5.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52|