Generating reports from Rational Focal Point using Rational Publishing Engine results in "data attribute not found” in the output generated
Attempts to generate reports from IBM Rational Focal Point (RFP) using IBM Rational Publishing Engine results (RPE) in "data attribute not found” in the output generated.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an attribute of type date.
- Leave the value of the attribute as blank for some elements
- Run a Rational Reporting for Document Generation (RRDG) /RPE document generation to report on this attributes
Result: Open the output document which will display " <data attribute not fond>” against date attributes whose value is blank.
Prior to version 1.2, RPE did not check attribute multiplicity in the Data Source schemas.
Note: This feature was implemented as a result of an RFE (Request for Enhancement) and added to RPE version 1.2.
Resolving the problem
- Use Rational Publishing Engine version 1.2 or later to generate a report from Rational Focal Point 6.5.x.x or earlier.
- Upgrade to Rational Focal Point version 6.6 or later and run a Rational Reporting for Document Generation (RRDG) report which uses version 1.2 in RFP to generate reports.
More support for:
Rational Publishing Engine
Software version: 1.1, 1.1.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 1.1.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1643866
Modified date: 15 January 2016
Translate this page: