With DB2 V10.5 GA release you cannot create a column-organized table (BLU) if there is a Terabyte License installed, when creating such a table SQL8029N error is returned
When creating a column-organized table (BLU) when a Terabyte License is installed, you will receive SQL8029N error:
CREATE TABLE JTNISBET.STAFF ( ID SMALLINT NOT NULL, NAME
VARCHAR(9), DEPT SMALLINT, JOB CHAR(5), YEARS SMALLINT, SALARY DECIMAL(7,2), COMM DECIMAL(7,2) ) ORGANIZE BY COLUMN
DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:SQL8029N A valid license key was not found for the requested function. The current license key for this product does not allow the requested functionality. Purchase the license key for this function from your IBM representative or authorized dealer and update your license using the db2licm command.
The cause of the symptom is APAR: IC93983 which was discovered in the initial release of DB2 V10.5 GA dated June 14, 2013
Diagnosing the Problem:
To identify if you are hitting the issue:
- Verify the DB2 fix pack level by running the db2level command to check if you are using the initial image of DB2 V10.5 GA; Informational tokens are "DB2 v10.5.0.0", "s130528"
- A "Terabyte" license file can be either:
db2awse_tb.lic - DB2 Advanced Workgroup Server Edition (Terabyte option)
db2aese_tb.lic - DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition (Terabyte option)
and is shown with db2licm -l like the following output:
Product name: "DB2 Advanced Enterprise
License type: "Terabyte"
Expiry date: "Permanent"
Product identifier: "db2aese"
Version information: "10.5"
Enforcement policy: "Soft Stop"
DB2 10.5 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition and Advanced Workgroup Server Edition - Terabyte option customers using BLU functionality if the DB2 V10.5 GA was downloaded from Passport Advantage. xLinux-64 and AIX are the only platforms affected, as they are the only platforms that support BLU functionality
There is no local fix for this issue.
If you have already downloaded DB2 10.5 GA and are encountering the symptoms as described in this technote and APAR IC93983, then you could do the following:
- Download the updated trial data server DB2 Version 10.5 GA image that contains the APAR fix from trial image site
- Download the applicable DB2 10.5 AWSE/AESE Terabyte Activation DVD from Passport Advantage. Refer to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21641360 to find specific part number as required.
- Register the license file
See the related information section for download link and APAR details