How can I upgrade from my current FSR version to FSR 22.214.171.124?
Full Product Name: IBM Cognos Financial Statement Reporting (FSR) 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2
Also Known As: FSR 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2 or 126.96.36.199 or 6.7.2
Note: To upgrade to FSR 188.8.131.52 you will first need to have FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 6.6.1 FP1 (184.108.40.206) installed. Software and hardware requirements remain the same as the FSR 6.6.1 release.
Upgrading from FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 220.127.116.11
1. Ensure your client version is 6.6.1 (18.104.22.168 or higher), this is on the FSR Login Screen on startup.
2. Close any open FSR instances. Also, please ensure you do NOT remove your existing client.
3. Run the setup.exe appropriate to your current installation (from the 32-bit or 64-bit folder).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
5. Launch FSR and access Help > About. The client version should read 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199).
1. Please ensure a full database backup is made prior to running any upgrade scripts.
2. Ensure you are on database version 188.8.131.52 or higher. Confirm, by checking table dbo.TxVersion.
3. If you are on FSR 6.6.1 (184.108.40.206 database version): Run the FSR 6.6.1 to 220.127.116.11 upgrade script first followed by the new FSR 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 upgrade script. If instead you are already on FSR 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52 database version), only run the 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 script. See file locations below.
FSR 6.6.1 to 18.104.22.168 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7 to 6.7.1\Upgrade.sql
FSR 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7.1 to 6.7.2\Upgrade.sql
4. Ensure there are no error messages and the query completes successfully. Confirm by checking the table dbo.txVersion (ie. select verno from dbo.txversion). The DB version should now read as 188.8.131.52
Upgrading From Versions Prior To FSR 6.6.1 (ie. FSR 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 184.108.40.206)
1. Perform a full FSR database backup. (XBRL Clients: Backup your XET taxonomies by generating to a folder.)
2. Please follow the detailed upgrade instructions by clicking here, to upgrade to FSR 6.6.1.
3. Now, follow the instructions in the previous section above to upgrade from FSR 6.6.1 to 220.127.116.11.
FSR 18.104.22.168 - Important Links
1. Download Now via Fix Central (More Details)
2. Product Documentation - Web Version
3. Product Documentation - PDF Version
4. XBRL Cache & Migration Guide
5. FSR 22.214.171.124 - Fix List
6. FSR Support Portal - Tickets, Updates, Technotes, Alerts
7. Subscribe to FSR Support Update Notifications via Email
8. FSR 126.96.36.199 Hot Fix 1 (188.8.131.52 Client Update)