How can I upgrade from my current FSR version to FSR 184.108.40.206?
Full Product Name: IBM Cognos Financial Statement Reporting (FSR) 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2
Also Known As: FSR 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2 or 220.127.116.11 or 6.7.2
Note: To upgrade to FSR 18.104.22.168 you will first need to have FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 6.6.1 FP1 (22.214.171.124) installed. Software and hardware requirements remain the same as the FSR 6.6.1 release.
Upgrading from FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 126.96.36.199
1. Ensure your client version is 6.6.1 (188.8.131.52 or higher), this is on the FSR Login Screen on startup.
2. Close any open FSR instances. Also, please ensure you do NOT remove your existing client.
3. Run the setup.exe appropriate to your current installation (from the 32-bit or 64-bit folder).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
5. Launch FSR and access Help > About. The client version should read 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11).
1. Please ensure a full database backup is made prior to running any upgrade scripts.
2. Ensure you are on database version 18.104.22.168 or higher. Confirm, by checking table dbo.TxVersion.
3. If you are on FSR 6.6.1 (22.214.171.124 database version): Run the FSR 6.6.1 to 126.96.36.199 upgrade script first followed by the new FSR 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 upgrade script. If instead you are already on FSR 220.127.116.11 (18.104.22.168 database version), only run the 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 script. See file locations below.
FSR 6.6.1 to 188.8.131.52 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7 to 6.7.1\Upgrade.sql
FSR 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7.1 to 6.7.2\Upgrade.sql
4. Ensure there are no error messages and the query completes successfully. Confirm by checking the table dbo.txVersion (ie. select verno from dbo.txversion). The DB version should now read as 18.104.22.168
Upgrading From Versions Prior To FSR 6.6.1 (ie. FSR 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 22.214.171.124)
1. Perform a full FSR database backup. (XBRL Clients: Backup your XET taxonomies by generating to a folder.)
2. Please follow the detailed upgrade instructions by clicking here, to upgrade to FSR 6.6.1.
3. Now, follow the instructions in the previous section above to upgrade from FSR 6.6.1 to 126.96.36.199.
FSR 188.8.131.52 - Important Links
1. Download Now via Fix Central (More Details)
2. Product Documentation - Web Version
3. Product Documentation - PDF Version
4. XBRL Cache & Migration Guide
5. FSR 184.108.40.206 - Fix List
6. FSR Support Portal - Tickets, Updates, Technotes, Alerts
7. Subscribe to FSR Support Update Notifications via Email
8. FSR 220.127.116.11 Hot Fix 1 (18.104.22.168 Client Update)