How can I upgrade from my current FSR version to FSR 126.96.36.199?
Full Product Name: IBM Cognos Financial Statement Reporting (FSR) 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2
Also Known As: FSR 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2 or 188.8.131.52 or 6.7.2
Note: To upgrade to FSR 184.108.40.206 you will first need to have FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 6.6.1 FP1 (220.127.116.11) installed. Software and hardware requirements remain the same as the FSR 6.6.1 release. Also note that FP3 and FP4 are also now available, so this FP2 release can be skipped to go straight to a newer build.
Upgrading from FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 18.104.22.168
1. Ensure your client version is 6.6.1 (22.214.171.124 or higher), this is on the FSR Login Screen on startup.
2. Close any open FSR instances. Also, please ensure you do NOT remove your existing client.
3. Run the setup.exe appropriate to your current installation (from the 32-bit or 64-bit folder).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
5. Launch FSR and access Help > About. The client version should read 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52).
1. Please ensure a full database backup is made prior to running any upgrade scripts.
2. Ensure you are on database version 184.108.40.206 or higher. Confirm, by checking table dbo.TxVersion.
3. If you are on FSR 6.6.1 (220.127.116.11 database version): Run the FSR 6.6.1 to 18.104.22.168 upgrade script first followed by the new FSR 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 upgrade script. If instead you are already on FSR 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206 database version), only run the 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 script. See file locations below.
FSR 6.6.1 to 22.214.171.124 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7 to 6.7.1\Upgrade.sql
FSR 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7.1 to 6.7.2\Upgrade.sql
4. Ensure there are no error messages and the query completes successfully. Confirm by checking the table dbo.txVersion (ie. select verno from dbo.txversion). The DB version should now read as 184.108.40.206
Upgrading From Versions Prior To FSR 6.6.1 (ie. FSR 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 220.127.116.11)
1. Perform a full FSR database backup. (XBRL Clients: Backup your XET taxonomies by generating to a folder.)
2. Please follow the detailed upgrade instructions by clicking here, to upgrade to FSR 6.6.1.
3. Now, follow the instructions in the previous section above to upgrade from FSR 6.6.1 to 18.104.22.168.
FSR 22.214.171.124 - Important Links
1. Download Now via Fix Central (More Details)
2. Product Documentation - Web Version
3. Product Documentation - PDF Version
4. XBRL Cache & Migration Guide
5. FSR 126.96.36.199 - Fix List
6. FSR Support Portal - Tickets, Updates, Technotes, Alerts