How can I upgrade from my current FSR version to FSR 188.8.131.52?
Full Product Name: IBM Cognos Financial Statement Reporting (FSR) 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2
Also Known As: FSR 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2 or 184.108.40.206 or 6.7.2
Note: To upgrade to FSR 220.127.116.11 you will first need to have FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 6.6.1 FP1 (18.104.22.168) installed. Software and hardware requirements remain the same as the FSR 6.6.1 release.
Upgrading from FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 22.214.171.124
1. Ensure your client version is 6.6.1 (126.96.36.199 or higher), this is on the FSR Login Screen on startup.
2. Close any open FSR instances. Also, please ensure you do NOT remove your existing client.
3. Run the setup.exe appropriate to your current installation (from the 32-bit or 64-bit folder).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
5. Launch FSR and access Help > About. The client version should read 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206).
1. Please ensure a full database backup is made prior to running any upgrade scripts.
2. Ensure you are on database version 220.127.116.11 or higher. Confirm, by checking table dbo.TxVersion.
3. If you are on FSR 6.6.1 (18.104.22.168 database version): Run the FSR 6.6.1 to 22.214.171.124 upgrade script first followed by the new FSR 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 upgrade script. If instead you are already on FSR 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11 database version), only run the 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 script. See file locations below.
FSR 6.6.1 to 126.96.36.199 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7 to 6.7.1\Upgrade.sql
FSR 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7.1 to 6.7.2\Upgrade.sql
4. Ensure there are no error messages and the query completes successfully. Confirm by checking the table dbo.txVersion (ie. select verno from dbo.txversion). The DB version should now read as 220.127.116.11
Upgrading From Versions Prior To FSR 6.6.1 (ie. FSR 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 18.104.22.168)
1. Perform a full FSR database backup. (XBRL Clients: Backup your XET taxonomies by generating to a folder.)
2. Please follow the detailed upgrade instructions by clicking here, to upgrade to FSR 6.6.1.
3. Now, follow the instructions in the previous section above to upgrade from FSR 6.6.1 to 22.214.171.124.
FSR 126.96.36.199 - Important Links
1. Download Now via Fix Central (More Details)
2. Product Documentation - Web Version
3. Product Documentation - PDF Version
4. XBRL Cache & Migration Guide
5. FSR 188.8.131.52 - Fix List
6. FSR Support Portal - Tickets, Updates, Technotes, Alerts
7. Subscribe to FSR Support Update Notifications via Email
8. FSR 184.108.40.206 Hot Fix 1 (220.127.116.11 Client Update)