How can I upgrade from my current FSR version to FSR 18.104.22.168?
Full Product Name: IBM Cognos Financial Statement Reporting (FSR) 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2
Also Known As: FSR 6.6.1 Fix Pack 2 or 22.214.171.124 or 6.7.2
Note: To upgrade to FSR 126.96.36.199 you will first need to have FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 6.6.1 FP1 (188.8.131.52) installed. Software and hardware requirements remain the same as the FSR 6.6.1 release. Also note that FP3 and FP4 are also now available, so this FP2 release can be skipped to go straight to a newer build.
Upgrading from FSR 6.6.1 or FSR 184.108.40.206
1. Ensure your client version is 6.6.1 (220.127.116.11 or higher), this is on the FSR Login Screen on startup.
2. Close any open FSR instances. Also, please ensure you do NOT remove your existing client.
3. Run the setup.exe appropriate to your current installation (from the 32-bit or 64-bit folder).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
5. Launch FSR and access Help > About. The client version should read 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124).
1. Please ensure a full database backup is made prior to running any upgrade scripts.
2. Ensure you are on database version 126.96.36.199 or higher. Confirm, by checking table dbo.TxVersion.
3. If you are on FSR 6.6.1 (188.8.131.52 database version): Run the FSR 6.6.1 to 184.108.40.206 upgrade script first followed by the new FSR 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 upgrade script. If instead you are already on FSR 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199 database version), only run the 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 script. See file locations below.
FSR 6.6.1 to 220.127.116.11 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7 to 6.7.1\Upgrade.sql
FSR 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 Script:
\Database\Upgrade\FSR Database Scripts\Upgrade\6.7.1 to 6.7.2\Upgrade.sql
4. Ensure there are no error messages and the query completes successfully. Confirm by checking the table dbo.txVersion (ie. select verno from dbo.txversion). The DB version should now read as 126.96.36.199
Upgrading From Versions Prior To FSR 6.6.1 (ie. FSR 6.5.1, 6.6.0, 188.8.131.52)
1. Perform a full FSR database backup. (XBRL Clients: Backup your XET taxonomies by generating to a folder.)
2. Please follow the detailed upgrade instructions by clicking here, to upgrade to FSR 6.6.1.
3. Now, follow the instructions in the previous section above to upgrade from FSR 6.6.1 to 184.108.40.206.
FSR 220.127.116.11 - Important Links
1. Download Now via Fix Central (More Details)
2. Product Documentation - Web Version
3. Product Documentation - PDF Version
4. XBRL Cache & Migration Guide
5. FSR 18.104.22.168 - Fix List
6. FSR Support Portal - Tickets, Updates, Technotes, Alerts