OpenPages Reporting Framework Is Not Using the Correct Prefixes for Custom Object Types
An OpenPages environment recently had custom first class object types delivered, however the query subjects are not using the correct two letter prefixes in the reporting framework.
The OpenPages Cognos reporting framework is NOT using the correct two letter prefixes for newly developed custom object types.
The custom object type names contain invalid characters.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue, the custom object types need to be renamed so there are no spaces and have no special characters. The resolve the issue, an administrator should:
- Stop the OpenPages services.
- Run the following PL/SQL where you replace <old-object-type-name> and <new-object-type-name> with the appropriate values
- Save / commit the changes to the database.
- Start the OpenPages services.
- Open a supported browser.
- Go to the OpenPages URL.
- Login with an administrator id.
- Using the navigation menubar, go to: Administration -> Settings.
- Traverse to: / | OpenPages | Platform | Reporting Framework V6 | Configuration.
- Update the 'Object Prefix' setting with the new name.
- Enable System Admin Mode (SAM).
- Regenerate the reporting schema.
- Disable SAM.
- Regenerate the reporting framework.
Translate this page: