Attempts to create a new project in IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) result in the warning "Build path specifies execution environment JavaSE-1.6.There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment."
Steps to Reproduce:
- Start RPT 8.5
- Create a new performance project
Expected result: A new performance project is created without any errors
Actual result: A new performance project is created with the following warning:
"Build path specifies execution environment JavaSE-1.6. There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment."
The newly created project has Java Build Path to JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.6] whereas RPT 8.5 workbench now uses [JavaSE-1.7] by default.
Resolving the problem
Modify the Java Build Path to JavaSE-1.7 to solve the warning.
- Right click the project and choose Properties from the menu
- Select Java Build Path from the tree pane
- Delete JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.6] from Libraries tab
- Click Add Library
- Choose JRE System Library and click Next
- Choose either:
- Workspace default JRE (jdk)
- [JavaSE-1.7 (jdk)] from "Execution environment"
- Click Finish and close properties window