Implement a Rule Execution Server MDB
How to implement a custom Rule Execution Server (RES) MDB to address specific requirements regarding exception handling or processing of more than one request per message for example?
Operational Decision Manager comes with an out-of-the-box RES MDB implementation that may not cover all possible integration options.
It is not uncommon to implement a custom MDB using the Rule Execution Server API so that the integration of rule execution can be more finely tuned to the requirements of the application.
A sample RES MDB is attached below that can be used as a starting point for more specific implementations.
Another example is that of an implementation that processes more than one request at a time in the interest of reducing the overhead of Networking, JMS and MDB processing of a single request per message.
Instructions to deploy the samples
- unzip the sample archive to a machine where ODM product is installed (and assuming a Sample Server installation of the product)
- edit the build.xml file to set the value of the properties odm.home, was.home, was.login, was.password, and profile.name to reflect your environment
- from the command line execute: ant build
- deploy on the application server the ear file that was generated in the build folder. You may need to first create a new Activation Specification, for example for the res-batch-mdb sample with a destination jms/BRESQueueIn and a message selector ilog_rules_bres_mdb_status='batch_request'
- to test the MDB with a sample client, from the command line execute: ant run
|Business Integration||WebSphere ILOG JRules||Platform Independent||7.1.1, 7.0.3, 7.0.2, 7.0.1, 7.0|
More support for:
IBM Operational Decision Manager
Software version: 7.5, 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.5
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1643521
Modified date: 11 July 2013
Translate this page: