Cannot set Geographic Location after upgrading to Sametime 8.5.2
When using Sametime Clients 8.5.2 and above, users are unable to set their Geographic Location from the preferences
The method for HTTP session authentication of the Sametime Server may be set incorrectly
Diagnosing the problem
The issue may initially appear to be on the client side because users can still set Geographic Locations on Sametime Clients 8.5.1 and below. Even when connected to the same Sametime Community Server as a Sametime Clients 8.5.2 and above
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, please ensure the following:
1. Make sure that the Web SSO document is present in names.nsf.
2. Make sure that the DNS Domain field in the Web SSO Configuration document used by the Sametime Community server is not empty and starts with a dot.
3. Make sure that the Sametime Community Server uses the correct Web SSO document. If the relevant Web SSO document name is different than LtpaToken, then use the ST_TOKEN_TYPE setting under the [AuthToken] section of the sametime.ini. This should be set to the token name being used.
Note: For Sametime versions prior to 8.5, this setting is configured in the notes.ini.
4. For Sametime versions 8.5.1 and below, make sure the Organization field in the Web SSO document used by Sametime Community Server is empty. For Sametime version 8.5.2 and above, if the organization field contains a non-empty value, make sure that the ST_ORG_NAME setting is present under the [AuthToken] section of the sametime.ini and that it contains the organization name.
5. Make sure that the Session authentication field under the Internet Protocols -> Domino Web Engine tab in the Server document in names.nsf is set to Multiple Servers (SSO). The only exception to this rule is when Domino Internet sites is used.
6. Make sure that the server is listed in the Participating Servers section of the Web SSO document used by the Sametime Community Server.
More support for:
Software version: 8.5.2, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1643370
Modified date: 28 November 2013
Translate this page: