Text properties for page elements on test log data not shown when using Oracle applications extension with Rational Performance Tester
Attempts to display test log data using IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) with Oracle extension results in no detailed information shown for page elements.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Right click on the generated RPT report recorded using Oracle recorder.
- Click on Display Test log.
- In the test log window click on any Page element.
Expected Result: Test log elements will display the element properties like Text, Extended properties.
Actual Result: Test log element properties fields are empty.
This is a known behavior. By default this is disabled for all Request and Response payload.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, set the following system environment variable:
- Right click on My Computer > Properties
- Go to Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables
- Add a New System Variable
- Enter the Variable Name as SHOW_BSD_PAYLOAD_IN_TESTLOG with variable value set to true as shown below:
Now when the test is executed, test log will display all properties in the request and response payload.
More support for:
Rational Performance Tester
Extension for Oracle ERP Applications
Software version: 8.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.2.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.3, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1643351
Modified date: 18 September 2013