Attempts to display test log data using IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) with Oracle extension results in no detailed information shown for page elements.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Right click on the generated RPT report recorded using Oracle recorder.
- Click on Display Test log.
- In the test log window click on any Page element.
Expected Result: Test log elements will display the element properties like Text, Extended properties.
Actual Result: Test log element properties fields are empty.
This is a known behavior. By default this is disabled for all Request and Response payload.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, set the following system environment variable:
- Right click on My Computer > Properties
- Go to Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables
- Add a New System Variable
- Enter the Variable Name as SHOW_BSD_PAYLOAD_IN_TESTLOG with variable value set to true as shown below:
Now when the test is executed, test log will display all properties in the request and response payload.