Failure to apply trial, evaluation or temporary floating license for RPT
Attempts to apply IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) trial, evaluation or temporary floating license key result in failure.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Download trial, evaluation or temporary floating license key for IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) from Rational License Key Center.
- Double click the downloaded license (.upd) file to import into Rational License Key Administrator (LKAD)
- After importing the license file, restart the license server
Expected result: RPT license should be listed on Rational License Key Administrator (LKAD) successfully.
Actual result: RPT license is not shown on LKAD and user cannot continue using the product.
License key information is not applied on the license server.
Resolving the problem
Apply the following steps to circumvent the issue.
- Open the license key (.upd) file with Notepad or text editor and copy the contents of this file to clipboard.
- Open the rational_server_temp.dat file with notepad or text editor.
If Rational License Key Server (RLKS) v8.1.x is installed in default path, you
can find this file at C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common
- Paste the content of the clipboard into this file at the end.
- Restart the License Server (Click Start > All programs > IBM Rational > License tools (LMTOOLS) > Start/Stop/ReRead tab > Stop Server > Start Server > ReRead License file.
- Check LKAD if RPT license is shown and you can start the product successfully.