Launching screenshot tool Rational Team Concert leads to the Error: JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by the same certificate
Attempts to launch screenshot tool in IBM Rational Team Concert results in the error 'JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by the same certificate'.
Login to RTC project area (using context root \ccm\web\console)
- Go to the Work item editor and click the Capture Screenshot icon available on the text editor bar.
During initialization of the Screenshot tool from Work Item view, the following error appears
Error: JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by the same certificate
Java cache has stored multiple copies of the certificates.
Java version is in-compatible.
Resolving the problem
- Click on Start - Control Panel.
- Click the Java icon (for Windows 7 and Vista, Click Programs - Java Icon)
- On the General tab, Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
- Ensure the option delete application and applets is checked and then Click Delete Files.This step may take some time to complete.
- Use a 32-bit browser (e.g., IE - installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer) which has a 32-bit JRE version enabled on it. Alternatively, a 64-bit browser with a 64-bit JRE enabled on it.
Here is a helpful document with details on Java enablement on browsers.
- Update JRE to a later version and check if the issue persists.
If none of the steps above help, please raise a support request to help the IBM Rational Technical Support Engineer assist you on this issue.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 3.0.1, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3
Operating system(s): Linux, OS X, Windows
Reference #: 1642752
Modified date: 06 December 2014
Translate this page: