When clicking on the 'Manual Prompt Capture' link the following error occurs:
'Invalid Manual prompt capture state. Source Gateway is not responding'
Windows 2008, IIS7.x
Resolving the problem
Set the IIS setting - 'Extended Protection' to 'Off' at the cognos virtual directory level or' Default Web Site'.
1. Open IIS Management Console
2. Expand the IIS Server Name
3. Expand 'Sites'
4. Expand Default Web Site
5. Click on 'ibmcognos' (or whatever the virtual directory name is for cognos)
6. Click on 'Authentication' on the Feature View section on the right
7. Click on 'Open Feature'
8. Click on 'Windows Authentication'
9. Click on 'Advanced Settings...' on the 'Actions' pane on the right
10. Set the 'Extended Protection:' to 'Off'
11. Click on 'OK' and restart IIS
Important: If the setting is greyed out, then the same steps need to be followed at the higher level i.e. 'Default Web Site' level.