When using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) web-interface to display the work items statistics in Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), the "CRRDV5017W" error message is shown with the information to reinstall Adobe Flash Player plug-in.
There are two possible causes of this issue:
- Web browser is working in Compatibility view or the intranet pages are displayed in that mode
- Automatic Flash installation/upgrade on IE8 failed for any reason.
Resolving the problem
To solve the problem, check whether your IE8 is not functioning in the Compatibility View:
- Click the Tools button on the IE menu bar
- Check whether the Compatibility View option is set or not in the context menu
If the Compatibility View is not set, verify the intranet settings:
- Use the Tools button on the menu bar
- Select the Compatibility View Settings
- Check if the option Display intranet sites in Compatibility View is checked and, if so, uncheck that option
If your are not working in Compatibility View, reinstall the Flash Player plug-in manually using the link from the error message.