Empty string during playback Rational Robot 18.104.22.168 script against .NET
Attempts to run an IBM Rational Robot script against a .NET application under 64-bit Windows result in a "script command failure on line ,,, "
The full error message is as follows.
**** Script Command Failure on line n of 'MyScript' - Empty String
The script does playback error free under Windows 7 x86.
The Windows Task Manager displays the application's process without the *32 suffix.
The execution headers refer to 64-bits execution.
The .NET extension in the Extension Manager is enabled
Resolving the problem
Force the application to run in 32-bit mode only. For this, you can use CorFlags, a Microsoft tool.
Consider the following steps.
- Install your .NET application in the Program Files (x68) folder.
- Run the following command. You application name is MyApp.
CorFlags.exe /32BIT+ <path>\Program Files (x86)\MyApp.exe
- Run the Robot script again.
- Observe that now the Task Manager displays the process with the *32 suffix,
- CorFlags is part of the .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x64). You can download the latter from the Download Center on microsoft.com on the page .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) .(x64).