Attempts to use the object model enumerated type symbol field SYMFLD_ZPDESC in your Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro display the graphical comment text on the lower right position of the symbol in IBM Rational System Architect (SA).
The graphical comment text is displayed in the lower right position of the symbol.
SA is working as designed. This is the default graphic comment position.
- You set the graphic comment property of the symbol using the symbol field
- You set the graphic comment text for the symbol using the symbol field
- You set the graphic comment position on the symbol using the symbol field <code>]SYMFLD_DESCLOC.
Resolving the problem
You need to specify where the graphic comment is to be placed using the symbol field
SYMFLD_DESCLOC. You can place the graphic comment text anywhere you like. For example you can try adding this line to your
sym.SetField SYMFLD_DESCLOC, Format(sym.XPos) + " " + Format(sym.YPos + 20)
- You may experiment with the
VBAcode line given above to meet your requirements.
- Further information on all symbol fields can be found in the help topic Symbol Fields.