Currenlty, we are running XML Toolkit v1.9 with WebSphere Data Interchange v3.3 in a batch z/OS environment. How do I enable WDI data transformation (PERFORM TRANSFORM) jobs to run with the newer XML Toolkit v1.10?
Implementation steps are as as follows. Please note, this pertains only to WDI 3.3 for z/OS in a batch environment. It is not applicable to WDI in a CICS environment where XML4J is used instead, which is not part of the XML Toolkit.
(1) Verify that you have the proper level of the XML Toolkit for z/OS already applied:
XML Toolkit for z/OS V1.10.0
Program Number 5655-J51
Download link: http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/tools/xml/download/index.html
Note: WDI executes the XML Parser for C++ (XML4C), which is wholly contained within the Toolkit's SIXMLOD1 load library. See the XML Toolkit for z/OS V1.10.0 program directory for Toolkit installation instructions.
(2) Use SMP/E to APPLY both of the following WDI PTFs in preparation for activation. These are co-requisites, hence must be applied together:
PTF UK93215 / APAR PM86112 - deletes the modules which use the XML parser - EDIUPAMM, EDIUPRFH, EDIXPROC.
PTF UK90326 / APAR PM78840 - adds the modules for XML v1.9 and XML v1.10 and then ALIAS the v1.9 names to the expected product names.
WDI PTFs are available via normal z/OS PTF ordering processes, such as ShopzSeries.
Please note that even after the APPLY above, WDI will continue to reference (call) the older XML v1.9 modules. It will be as if nothing has yet been changed. However, support for XML v1.10 can now be activated by applying the WDI SYSMOD download in the next step.
Also, we recommend using SMP/E to ACCEPT prior WDI maintenance before applying the above two PTFs as this would readily accommodate the SMP/E RESTORE process as discussed below.
(3) When ready to make the switch to XML v1.10, activate WDI by using SMP/E to RECEIVE and APPLY this download for SYSMOD ++APAR(AM86098). This SYSMOD switches WDI to instead run with XML v1.10. Only customers who already have installed and wish to run WDI with XML toolkit v1.10 should apply this APAR. If v1.10 is not available to the system, all WDI Data Transformation jobs (PERFORM TRANSFORM) will fail with the message "CEE3501S The module IXM4C57 was not found."
Download and unpack EDI.V3R3M0.SYSMOD.AM86098.TRS. This file is in "Terse" format,. Upload this file to your z/OS as binary into a dataset with Fixed Block (FB) format with Record Length (LREC) = 1024. Then run TRSMAIN to unpack. Sample JCL to unpack:
//UNPACK EXEC PGM=TRSMAIN,PARM=UNPACK
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//* INPUT FILE TO BE UNPACKED
//INFILE DD DISP=SHR,
//* RESULTANT OUTPUT FILE FROM UNPACK
//OUTFILE DD DSN=EDI.V3R3M0.SYSMOD.AM86098,
Resultant dataset EDI.V3R3M0.SYSMOD.AM86098 is a Partitioned Data Set (PDS) with two members; (1) AM86098 is the SMP/E SYSMOD to be applied, (2) EDI2XV10 contains sample JCL to perform the SMP/E RECEIVE and APPLY. Again, be aware that the application of this SYSMOD will supplant the existing XML Toolkit v1.9. That is, WDI will then only call XML v1.10 modules. It will no longer call the older XML v1.9 modules.
(4) Modify any existing JCL jobs that reference the older 1.9 version of the XML Toolkit. WDI invokes the Toolkit for any EDIFFUT utility commands involving PERFORM TRANSFORM. This is the case for any data transformation maps, even those not involving XML. The STEPLIB or JOBLIB concatenation therein must point to the new SIXMLOD1 load library from XML Toolkit v1.10.
(5) Verify the installation by running test cases for your Data Transformation (DT) maps. If you do not have any DT maps you can use the attached sample
Lastly, if you should need to revert WDI back to XML v1.9, it is necessary to use the SMP/E function to RESTORE the SYSMOD APAR(AM86098). Please note that you will also need to RESTORE UK93215 and UK90326 if you haven't ACCEPTed the two PTFs previously since they all contain the EDIXSTUB first introduced in UK90326. If you had previously accepted these two PTFs (UK93215 and UK90326), then you need only to RESTORE AM86098. Sample SMP/E command to RESTORE all three sysmods:
//SMPCNTL DD *
SET BDY(EDITGT) OPTIONS(EDIOPT).
) BYPASS(ID) GROUP COMPRESS(ALL).