Changing the "Plan For" attribute in the "Plan" view results in a "Not Applicable" element being displayed
If you change the "Plan For" attribute in the "Plan" view in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) a "Not Applicable" element is displayed instead of showing the list of available iterations.
The following are the steps to reproduce this issue using any of available process template in RTC web client:
- Create a Team Area named TA under the Parent Project Area
- Create a Timeline called TL and associate it with TA
- Create two Iterations, called SP1 and SP2 under the TL timeline created in Step 2
- Create a story ST, set File against to the TA team area and Plan For set to SP1 under TL
- Create a Sprint Plan, set the Owner to the TA team area and the iteration to SP1 of timeline TL
- Notice that story ST created in Step 4 show up in this plan and check the Plan For attribute from the view level
Expected Result: The Plan For has a list of iterations.
Actual Result: The Plan For appears as Not Applicable.
The Plan For attribute gets populated from Plan view level only when the timeline and the associated iteration of this plan have at least one iteration set to
Resolving the problem
The following steps solve the problem:
- Open the project area using RTC Eclipse client and expand the Timeline section
- Right click on any of the iterations under the timeline or right click on the timeline itself
- Choose Set current and save the changes
- Refresh the Plan view and check the Plan For attribute. You will now see that the Plan For attribute is populated.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 3.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 4.0.1, 4.0.2
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1639993
Modified date: 05 July 2013