Migrate from US GAAP 2012 taxonomy to US GAAP 2013
Using this guide, users can migrate their current US GAAP 2012 taxonomies to US GAAP2013.
- IBM Cognos Financial Statements Reporting Service Pack 2 for both the client and database.
- Live internet connection or the updated cache manager files extracted using the FSR XBRL Cache Utility. Refer to document Construct an XBRL Cache for systems without internet access to use the utility.
- 2011 Taxonomy that needs to be migrated to 2013.
- Recommended, Financial Statement Reporting 64 bit client with at least 4 GB of memory.
- The database is backed-up.
- A text editor.
- The person doing the migration has Administrator permissions for Cognos Financial Statement Reporting.
Make sure that the correct database permissions are assigned to the current user.
1. Copy the script:
GRANT ALTER on XET_Label to [username]
GRANT ALTER on XET_Element to [username]
GRANT ALTER on XET_Reference to [username]
GRANT ALTER on XET_ReferencePart to [username]
GRANT ALTER on XET_CellRef to [username]
2. Change [username] to the name of the SQL user name(s) or group(s) that use .
Example 'IBM\FSR Users' or 'Bob'. Keep the square brackets and only change 'username'.
3. Run the script against the FSR database only.
4. If required, repeat this script and change the username for each user or group that uses Cognos Financial Statement Reporting.
1. Open the report that you want to work with. The Report Design window opens.
2. In the Report Summary pane, double click an object.
3. Click XET. The Select Taxonomy window opens.
4. In the Select Taxonomy window, select and double click the taxonomy which you want to migrate. Wait for the taxonomy to load.
5. Click Properties to open the Edit Taxonomy window.
6. In the Edit Taxonomy Wizard window, click Next until you reach the Modify Taxonomy Template field. Make sure that the taxonomy used is US GAAP 2012.
7. Click Next until you reach Schemas Imports Used tab.
8. Copy the list of schemas into a separate text editor. Highlight the each URI entry in turn and paste the entry to the text editor.
The 2012 Taxonomy list should look similar to the following. Note This is not a complete list and may vary.
9. Delete the words Checked and Unchecked from the copied content in the text editor.
10. In the Edit Taxonomy Wizard window, click Cancel to exit the wizard. Save the information in the text editor.
11. Click the Select icon to open the Select Taxonomy window.
12. Click Templates to open the Manage Taxonomy Templates window.
13. In the Taxonomy Templates field, click US GAAP 2012.
14. Copy each URI entry from the text editor to the Schema URI field and click Direct in the drop down menu, click Add.
Important: If one of the following URI is being used, ignore these as they will automatically be migrated.
15. In the text editor make a two column mapping table.
16. In one column put the USGAAP 2012 Taxonomy Schemas URI entries from step 8. In the other column paste the corresponding USGAAP 2013 Taxonomy schemas:
17. Click on US GAAP 2013 in the Taxonomy Templates field.
18. Review the current US GAAP 2012 taxonomy schemas and add all the corresponding US GAAP 2013 schemas except those highlighted in step 14 to the Schema URI field, select Direct and click Add.
For example, http://xbrl.sec.gov/country/2012/country-2012-01-31.xsd should now be http://xbrl.sec.gov/country/2013/country-2013-01-31.xsd.
Important: If an extra supplemental taxonomy schema is used, make sure that you add it the templates as a
Supplemental import as opposed to a
Direct import for the migration to be completed without errors.
19. Click Repair to add all the elements associated with the schemas that you imported.
20. When complete, click OK to close the Manage Taxonomy Templates window.
21. In the Select Taxonomy window, select the taxonomy you want to migrate, and click Migrate.
22. In the Period field check the time period and change if necessary, click Next.
23. In the Submission Type field, select US GAAP 2013.
24. To make sure that all schema URI are correctly mapped from 2012 to 2013 check Perform Schema Mapping Checks.
25. Click Finish to start the migration. The taxonomy loads.
26. When complete, the relationship groups show on screen.
27. Click Generate.
29. In the Generate Taxonomy window, check Generate to Database to generate a new cache and type a name for the cache.
You can also check
Generate to folder to keep a record of the migrated taxonomy on a file server. You must specify the path to the folder.
30. Click OK to migrate the taxonomy to the specified cache.
31. To exit the XET module, click XET on the toolbar.
32. On the application toolbar, click XBRL > Configure XBRL. The XBRL Configuration window opens.
33. In the Taxonomy field, select the cache you generated in step 29, and configure the other fields as necessary.
34. Click Save to finish.
Important: You can now build a taxonomy instance. There can be errors generated by deprecated elements or others that were derived from the migration. Go back into the XET module and correct any structural errors of the taxonomy.
More support for:
Cognos Financial Statement Reporting
Software version: 6.6.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1638780
Modified date: 31 May 2013