Running Rational Test Workbench programs yields "No application id has been found"
After updating IBM Rational Test Workbench (RTW) components you are only able to run them as an administrator or as the user that ran the update.
A defect has been found in the update packages for the following products:
- IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT)
- IBM Rational Integration Tester Agent (RIT-A)
- IBM Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack (RIT-Platform)
- IBM Rational Test Control Panel (RTCP)
It affects versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and is logged as APAR PM89629.
Attempt to run as a user other than an administrator or the user who ran the update, the program fails to start and results in the error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
Some of the files have been created without read permissions for users other than the owner.
- Log in to the system as an administrator.
- Access the properties of the files listed below.
- Set the permissions to add Read access for the "Users" group.
You should now be able to run the programs as a normal user.
RIT / RIT-A
RIT-Platform Proxies (http, JDBC, CICS, CICS TG)
More support for:
Rational Test Workbench
Software version: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.5
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1638548
Modified date: 12 June 2013