After updating IBM Rational Test Workbench (RTW) components you are only able to run them as an administrator or as the user that ran the update.
A defect has been found in the update packages for the following products:
- IBM Rational Integration Tester (RIT)
- IBM Rational Integration Tester Agent (RIT-A)
- IBM Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack (RIT-Platform)
- IBM Rational Test Control Panel (RTCP)
It affects versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 and is logged as APAR PM89629.
Attempt to run as a user other than an administrator or the user who ran the update, the program fails to start and results in the error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
Some of the files have been created without read permissions for users other than the owner.
- Log in to the system as an administrator.
- Access the properties of the files listed below.
- Set the permissions to add Read access for the "Users" group.
You should now be able to run the programs as a normal user.
RIT / RIT-A
RIT-Platform Proxies (http, JDBC, CICS, CICS TG)